Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Institute and consortium leaders and software engineers in other groups to build the cell census databases and services.
- Developing, tuning and troubleshooting systems to ingest and transform data from multiple sources.
- Provide accurate estimates on the time and tradeoffs in implementing designs along with the associated risks.
- Help maintain our existing lab information management system (LIMS) and data warehouse.
- Advise on the choice or databasetechnologies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related discipline.
- 6 – 9 years of relevant experience on a software development team.
- Expertise in design, build, and maintenance of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience designing APIs to provide access to large, federated datasets.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data pipeline concepts (Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, ETL, streaming).
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases used for indexing and searching complex databases (Gremlin, Neo4j, Elastic Search, etc.).
- Hands on experience with large scale data analysis solutions (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark).
- 6+ years of experience with at least one general purpose, object oriented language (Python, C++, Java, C#).
- Experience developing testable code (unit testing, dependency injection, mocking, etc.).
- Experience with modern source control (Git, Mercurial).
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience setting up and running a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery system.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails with database applications and APIs
- Familiarity with a modern functional programing language, e.g. Scala or Closure.