The Software Engineer III develops, implements, and maintains software solutions that enable business operations to realize company goals & objectives. The incumbent performs analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing, and support of software applications. May be assigned to develop new applications/systems, enhance/upgrade existing systems or provide production support. They work independently on moderately complex projects, receiving only general direction. May provide assistance and direction to less experienced peers.
Arch MI is a growing mortgage insurance company with a strong and global parent – Arch Capital Group Ltd. If you’re interested in joining a dynamic company and working with a team of motivated, high caliber people, apply today and come grow with us!
- Works with the Agile Program Manager (APM), Digital Product Manager (DPM), and Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to accurately capture stakeholder requests and system specifications and translate them into engineering artifacts, which typically include design specifications, source code, test scripts and test results.
- Coordinates with Digital Product Manager and Software engineer IVs to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile teams, completes software development work which includes application design, coding, code review and testing. Keeps Agile team and APM apprised of project status.
- Offers suggestions to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Supports business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues following production support process and SLA’s.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technology and engineering standards, practices and tools.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive experience in developing software applications on the assigned technology platform.
- Extensive knowledge on source code change management and related tools.
- Knowledge and experience using agile software development principles, process and tools.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills in order to provide end user/business owner systems support.
- Knowledge of production support processes such as incident and problem management techniques.
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA, and Spring REST.
- Experience in Angular, TypeScript, and Node.js.
- Experience with OpenShift Container Platform preferred.
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field plus 5 to 7 years of related experience.
Working Conditions/Environment & Physical Demands:
- Normal office environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Job.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Off-hours production support as required