We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a AI/ML Software Engineer III
at JPMorgan Chase within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within Chief Technology Office helping to build and enhance InfiniteAI (AI/ML) Platform
that will be used by thousands of Data Scientists across all LOBs for their data science projects. You will be working on the forefront of the technology innovation. Job responsibilities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 4+ years applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages - Must have either Java and/or Python
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages - Must know basic/moderate SQL
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security - Must have working knowledge of Jenkins Pipelines to build and deploy code
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.) - Must have either 1+ year of AWS cloud experience OR AWS certification with good understanding of AWS cloud concepts
- Must be a great team player, great problem solving and helping attitude, respectful, punctual and responsible professional who is passionate about learning.
- Familiarity with modern API development using Java services and Lambdas development using Python
- Exposure to AWS cloud technologies
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.