Contribute by testing to the design and development of software across one or more domains: mobile, web, desktop, and embedded under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA and other regulatory requirements.
Work on software design, coding, and validating software, supporting verification and validation testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices.
Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods. Develop productive internal/external working relationships.
- Design and implement software in current programming languages (e.g. Swift, Java, Objective-C, C#, C, C++).
- Assist in the preparation of software design requirements and detailed design specifications for implementation of software designs per Abbott design development process.
- Assist in the evaluation of selected designs through testing and full documentation of the results.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Experience in developing automated test cases in Java and/or other programming languages.
- Experience with test automation frameworks and integration with build systems
- Experience developing automated solutions for mobile, web and desktop platforms.
Education: Associates Degree - Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics), or relevant software certification (e.g. Udacity Nanodegree), or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience:Minimum 4 years of experience in software development, test automation (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience).