Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
As a Software Engineer II on Sovrn’s Yield Team you will work on a small autonomous team in an agile environment. You will you will be responsible for implementing server-side logic that leverages the collective data to improve the performance of Sovrn’s publisher products. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. The fast paced and complex industry coupled with tight code SLAs require our applications to push the boundaries of performance and scalability. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation stack.
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing projects in a highly scalable and performant environment using Java (Java 8)
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Source control (GitHub, svn, etc)
- Build and deployment tools (GoCD, Maven, WebPack, etc)
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc....
- Advertising industry experience
- Experience with monitoring for highly observable code: StatsD, Graphite, etc..
- Demonstrable commitment to automation including CI/CD
- Development experience on Linux/POSIX platforms
- Experience with multi-threaded, parallel processing
- Experience deploying and running applications with a public cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCE
- Understanding of container based development and deployment (Docker, K8S)
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering