The main purpose of this position is to design, build and maintain software that interfaces with network elements, record systems and Element Management Systems (EMS) to improve the operational efficiency of Network Operations. The job requires a strong understanding of many technologies used to deliver Internet, Voice and VPN services to Windstream customers.
The successful candidate will possess skills that enable them to design, develop, and maintain systems that support a wide range of business needs in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The candidate will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills, good personal organizational skills and excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Software design, development and testing
- Data Mining
- Ad-hoc reports
- Network cut automation
- Data Conversions
- Merger and acquisition activities
- Software defect mitigation
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in network operations environment or related job field
- 2+ years experience with TCP/IP programming.
- 2+ year in RDBMS and data modeling
- 2+ year web based software development
- 1+ year of IP networking
- 1+ year of ATM networking
- 2+ year experience designing API's
- 2+ year experience with HTTP, SNMP, TL1 and similar protocols
- 3+ years programming with Perl or C/C++ within a Unix environment
- 3+ years experience with Unix OS fundamentals
- 2+ years utilizing a version control system
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good personal organizational skills
Minimum Qualifications:College degree in a Technical or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6+ years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.