Hundreds of Fortune 500 customers use our products daily to make important decisions for their clients. Customers run searches against our systems 24/7, so strong team members are needed to ensure that our applications run flawlessly and seamlessly around the clock. Our products are a very important part of a customer’s workflow, so we need team members who are customer focused and dedicated to producing high quality products.
In this role, your responsibilities will include new development, maintenance work, and responding to bugs submitted by customers or our QA teams.
A typical day on our team could include the following:
- Arrive at work, grab breakfast from our cafeteria, and grab a free cup of coffee or tea from our convenience centers.
- In our daily scrum stand ups, you will report your development status. During sprints, you will also help to groom the backlog for a sprint, as well as to help pull stories into a sprint. At the end of a sprint, you will also participate in the sprint retrospective.
- Throughout the day, you will continue to work on stories and bugs, as well as attending other meetings as needed.
- During your lunch hour, you can grab lunch from our cafeteria, exercise in our workout facility, or participate in one of the many sports leagues on campus or other professional groups on campus.
- During a break in your day, you can take a brisk walk along our beautiful campus to help clear your mind and get some exercise!
We aren’t looking for average engineers for this position. We are looking for team members with a strong work ethic who are customer focused, driven, dependable, passionate, innovative, and curious, shows initiative, and requires little management. We do not want an engineer who is trying to build experience for resumes; we are looking for an engineer who wants to build a career. As a member of our team, you will enjoy great benefits from the company while working for a manager who cares about you and understands the importance of work life balance.
Experience (US only) and Education
- 1+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experiencerequired
- Experience with PERL / LAMP Application Development (Perl)
- Experience with Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
- Experience with Unix / Linux Operating System
- Experience with Apache Web Servers
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with XML, XSLT, Ajax, HTML5, Web Services, Cross-Browser Compatibility and Version Control systems (GitLab)
- Experience with page templating systems, session data storage, caching, and inter-process communication.
- Experience developing large-scale web applications
- Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Some experience with ASP.net and SQL Server is preferred
- Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate complexity systems. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
- Interfaces with technical and non- technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
- Provides feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Develops basic to intermediate designs.
- Codes proficiently in the requiredlanguage(s).
- Contributes to design, code and test reviews.
- Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results and recommendations to his/her project leader.
- Develops and executes performance, integration and test plans.
- Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non- technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
- Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5% (Company match grows as you grow with the company)
- 18 Days PTO (Additional days as you grow with the company)
- 2 Additional CARES Days (Volunteer Days)
- 10 Paid Company Holidays - Benefits start upon hire date
- Work/Life Balance is a priority for us, it should be for you too.
- We promote and endorse our Employee Forums, for example our African Ancestry Network, Women’s Connected, Veterans Group etc.