A Software Engineer II at Verimatrix participates in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The software engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The engineer should enjoy working through the software development lifecycle. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of particular solutions in the group he/she joins. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Some tasks the software engineer will have:
- Design and develop software for managing premium video content in various environments
- Participate and lead discussions dealing with architectures, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
- Implement your designs, write code, write and perform unit tests, integrate into our distributed video security system and follow deliverables through the product design/development lifecycle
- Develop new algorithms and software, analyze, review, and re-architect current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability
- Estimate and plan development tasks, improve development processes and tools to meet corporate targets
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
- Others as assigned
This position reports to a technical manager within the development team.
- 4+ years of embedded C/C++ design and coding experience
- Significant technical and programmingexperiencewith any (or similar) of the following video streaming services:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills including documentation
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Testing methodologies and automation using python and pytest, ruby, gtest etc.
- Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) experience for STB, SmartTV or mobile (iOS, Android NDK) product(s).
- Familiar with agile (SAFe) development process
- Digital video format, streaming method, digital rights management.
- Secure programing
- Robust coding, tamper register programming
- TEE programming, Global Platform API familiarity.
- Familiar with software hacking technology