Validic enables organizations – across industries – to harness the potential of personal health data. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by building technology that makes personal data actionable. We’re seeking a Software Engineer II, who will contribute to the team’s success by building out the various Validic products, including the core data acquisition platform, APIs and remote patient monitoring tools. The individual in this position develops software and collaborates with product owners and team members on design, planning, coding, testing and releasing solutions to ensure the timely delivery of data to clients.
What You’ll Do at Validic
- Develop services that communicate with third party APIs in order to obtain data on behalf of Validic’s clients.
- Build the products that deliver near real-time data to Validic’s clients in order for them to help their clients.
- Implement features and bug fixes within the current production environment, including core enhancements and API integrations.
- Ensure timely delivery of implemented functionality in an agile fashion.
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers in design sessions, ensuring that all solutions are aligned to business value and architectural specifications.
What You'll Bring to Validic
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least five years of experience developing software for use in Software-as-a-Service production environments
- Demonstrable experience with Kotlin and/or Java 8+ with willingness to learn Kotlin
- Experience with build tools, such as Maven or Gradle, as well as continuous integrations tools like Jenkins
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with Kafka and other streaming platforms
- Experience with relational databases, such as Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL stores such as Mongo, DynamoDB and Redis
- Demonstrated understanding of container services, such as Docker
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services preferred.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Ability to be a resource for less-experienced colleagues, including demonstrating proper development practices
- Ability to learn, proactively seek and apply new knowledge and skills to stay ahead of emerging technologies
- Ability to think outside the box, work on complex issues, push personal limits and cohesively learn and share with team members
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects in an agile software development environment
Why You’ll Love Validic
- Our team is great. We’re incredibly talented folks dedicated to the mission.
- Our problems are important. Healthcare is going to undergo massive changes in the next few years. We’re going to help make those changes better.
- Our work is challenging. While iterative, it’s not repetitive, and what you’re doing is going to have a huge impact.
What Validic Values
- Authenticity - We set aside egos and employees bring their own flavor.
- Freedom - We lead with trust and get Super Healthy Information Technology done.
- Empathy - We challenge directly and care personally.
- Purpose - We innovate passionately to make an impact.