One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Software Engineer II.
The Software Engineer II
provides design, development and maintenance of UHS custom clinical applications. Supports and enhances existing Cerner and UHS clinical applications, including upgrade implementations and testing efforts. Takes part in all aspects of solution development including requirements gathering, feature design, implementation and deployment. Must be capable of working independently on large projects. Coordinates and performs work assignments in order to meet deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Uses development tools including Cerner's Discern Visual Developer (CCL) and an integrated development environment (Komodo, Notepad++, etc).
Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Interfaces with the user community regarding application design and support. Shares experience and expertise by collaborating with other members of the team.Key Responsibilities include:System Development & Implementation
- Meet regularly with users, IS staff and senior members of the team to develop/modify system specifications, including upkeep of documentation.
- Design, develop and implement custom clinical system enhancements to meet user needs in accordance with UHS Project Development standards and specific project requirements.
System Maintenance & Support
- Adhere to structured programming, analysis, and design techniques.
- Follow software development and version control policies and procedures, including the use of a source code management system.
- Document, test and validate application functionality.
- Support the implementation of applications/application upgrades and prepare the appropriate documentation.
- Identify potential system problems and propose ways to avert them.
- Assist in recommending application solutions to meet business needs.
- Create and maintain effective program documentation.
- Research and resolve Customer Support Center Tickets
- Provide support for major application upgrades.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with user community.
- Provides technical support and guidance to other team members as required.
- Adhere to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provide on-call support as scheduled.
- Maintain Service Excellence principles.
- Prepare and submit status reports to supervisor as required.
- Prepare and promptly submit all routine and special reports.
- Keep management well informed of activities, needs, problems.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems (CS/IS) required.
- A CSIS related Master's degree or equivalent real-world development experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while effectively managing time and meeting deadlines and a proficiency in English, with excellent written and oral fluency is required.
- Basic knowledge of development standards, application validation, system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Practical knowledge of/hands on experience with:
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Application development, implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, such as
- Consulting with users to determine functional specifications.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, testing, debugging, and modification of programs.
- Familiarity with health care and clinical terminology, comprehension of or experience with project management methods, and the concepts of Agile development is a plus.
0 - 5% domestic US travel (depending on projects).This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to \"UHS or UHS facilities\" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms \"we,\" \"us,\" \"our\" or \"the company\" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means. EEO Statement
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.Notice
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com