The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Software Engineer II.
The Software Engineer II utilizes the rules and reporting applications, works all aspects of projects assigned from preparing report and rule guidelines and requirements, to development, testing, and final implementation. Deploys new rules and reports and performs modifications to existing items that will effectively accomplish desired objective. Provides technical support and project collaboration with UHS entities as needed. Coordinates work assignments in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience and learned knowledge with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops complex solutions using rule and reporting applications and prepares the appropriate documentation. Typically works on larger projects while assisting less experienced analysts on smaller projects.
- Meets with supervisor and team to discuss rule and report specifications, as needed.
- Documents rule and report functionality for UHS business needs and coordinates validation of rules and reports.
- Understands education material and provides training to UHS corporate and facility staff for rule and reporting applications.
- Integrates with other UHS Information Services teams and acts as a knowledge resource for custom rules and reports.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to Supervisor.
- Troubleshoots and resolves related rule and report Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Provides support and assistance to end-users with ad-hocreport questions.
- Provides support for system software upgrades and assists with regression tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Three or more years of progressively more responsibleexperience relating to relational databases and programming languages, software development lifecycle, source control principles and project management concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Problem solving skills and basic knowledge of business management concepts.
- Very good knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques, specifically SQL and Business Objects.
- Skills in: consulting with users to determine software or system application functionality; coordinating design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of system applications.
- Understanding of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Knowledge of project management methods.
- Good familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Software development lifecycle, dashboard development, project management
- Business Objects WEBI/InfoView experience
- Discern Expert/Rules experience
- Discern Visual Developer/CCL experience
Travel Requirements: 0 – 5% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off