The Software Engineer II is responsible for coding and continuous testing of complex modules and applications in support of the TeleTracking platform. This role will also be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data accessnlayer in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Assists in the development and training of SE I.
Bachelor's in computer information technology, computer science, management required
- 3+ years of experience in all areas of application development including at least three years using Microsoft .NET and SQL technologies building commercial grade applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments preferred.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods and events).
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles preferred.
- Advanced level skills in .NET Framework (C#), ASP.NET WEB API, Entityframework, WCF Web Services, MS SQL.
- like AngularJs, etc.
- and other Microsoft technologies like ASP.NET Web API, entity framework, WCF.
- Good software development and Object Oriented programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.