BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for Software Engineer II for our Omni-channel team. BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts. The Omni-channel team seeks to take things to the next level by building cutting edge innovations in commerce allowing our merchants to manage and sell their products beyond just their online storefronts to where their customers are.
This growing team is looking for an engineerwith technical experience who will focus on iteratively improving the Omni-channelexperience for our merchants. In the last year, we have established ourselves as the leading e-commerce, Omni-channel solution providing best-in-class integrations with Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Square and more, exciting integrations on the way!
In this role, you’ll help us build out a solid Omni platform allowing rapid growth of new channels available to our merchants. You’ll also work closely with other engineers, UI designers and product managers to define stories, assess scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skillset and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
Who You Are
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 1+ years of professional experience with Java/Scala
- Professional experience with Scala a strong plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming, reactive and asynchronous design patterns
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of Akka, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- UNIX knowledge
- Experience with Full Stack Development and OOP/MVC design patterns/principles a plus
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures
- Have a demonstrated ability to get shit done