Software Developer II is responsible for the development and implementation of highly complex loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in public and private cloud architecture. This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of moderate scope & complexity. Designs, codes, tests under general supervision. Collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams.
- Write and enhance code and make best practice recommendations on how to improve the app, with specific focus on the UI/UX.
- Work on our next-generation APIs, Command Line Interfaces (CLIs), and Software Development Kits (SDK).
- Applyarchitecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
- Good focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
- Analyze criteria and options and obtain necessary data to answer key questions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working experience with front-end development in the React framework.
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture & large scale API design and development
- Understanding with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Experience in developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic high performing environment.
- Regularly demonstrates teamwork by promoting others’ ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- In depth working experience on modern web development.
- In depth working experience with one of the frameworks React/Angular.
- Exposure to Node, Express, MySQL, Django, and Redis.
- Software development experience in XML, Web services, UNIX tools.