This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II to successfully implement a new PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) application at Gap. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment and be responsible for participating in the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of the application as part of a DevOps product team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, implement and configure new PLM product on Microsoft Azure Cloud adhering to Cloud Security requirements including using Akamai WAF (Web Application Firewall) Protection, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), DBaas (Database as a service), SSO (Single Sign-On) using SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) 2.0, VM (Virtual Machine) Protection and Secrets Management using Azure Key Vault.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Delivery using state-of-the-art deployment tools including PIPES 2.0, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, and auto-scaling.
- Design and develop Data Migration Frameworks using Enovia 10.8 and Technia API’s (Application Programming Interface) to migrate the libraries and in-season data to new PLM to ensure Business continuity.
- Design and develop real-time integration between cross-domain applications using Spring Framework, RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka adhering to OAuth 2.0 security framework using Apigee. Adhere to development standards using design patterns, code reviews, CI/CD tools and automated unit testing.
- Work with remote teams, including having teleconference meetings during early morning or late evening times.
- Support occasional production deployments during evening/weekend hours, and resolution of production issues that may involve extended work hours.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years professional software development experience.
- Proficient with Java, Object-oriented design and Micro Services.
- Experienced in Spring Boot frameworks and Azure Cloud or equivalent.
- Experienced in tools such as Jenkins, Codefresh, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub.
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well as understanding Test Driven Development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Have significant experience working with databases including relational databases, and/or MongoDB technologies.