$200K — $250K *
The Software Engineer will work within a small (2) member team to provide operational support and sustainment of various legacy software systems, some consisting of complex data flows. The Engineer will troubleshoot user issues, primarily connectivity or application problems. The Engineer will also be responsible for troubleshooting server-side application problems, including but not limited to Java or Linux system issues. Scripting and light application development may also be required to support system operations and tasking from the customer.
Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
•Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Operational support and sustainment of legacy software systems, some consisting of complex data flows
• Understanding of data structures, ingest of data from multiple sources and multi-threaded processing
• Ability to quickly spin up on new projects and serve as a backup for multiple systems
• Experience with NiFi
• Experience with working in a MASH environment
• Experience with Virtual Machines
• Experience with scripting languages such as BASH
• Experience with doing development in a LINUX environment
• Respond to customer requests with data ingest issues
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Peterson Technologies will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability.
Peterson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 1/26/2021