Intermediate level position which allows an individual to gain experience working independently and contributing to a development project by designing, developing and installing software solutions. Must have a handle on good software design, a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where giving and receiving of feedback actively encouraged.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (Computer Science or related field preferred)
- 2-5 years developing Java Applications in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of advanced Java EE development preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced understanding of object oriented concepts.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Advanced understanding of version control and unit testing preferred.
- Experience using Eclipse preferred.
- Intermediate or better computer skills in either Windows or Linux.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within their position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- On call outside of Pedigree Technologies regular business hours may be required.
- Contributes to a software development project by developing new code or maintaining existing code.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Works under immediate supervision and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the actions of the job.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organizational mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others to achieve team success.