$80K — $100K *
Our team is a crucial part of Azure’s telemetry platform. We are responsible for continuing to push the ceiling of the reliability and scalability of Azure’s near-real-time telemetry and health system so that Microsoft operated services and countless customer services that are hosted on Azure have rapid and reliable insight into their behavior at scale.
We work at a startup pace, with the focus to ship early and often and with a culture around attention to detail, introspection and accountability.
Our team fosters a collaborative environment and builds upon one-another's ideas, empowering engineers to deliver creative solutions through bottoms-up innovation and delivering world-class value at a rapid pace.
Our team develops:
• Low latency data ingestion and processing capabilities.
• Highly scalable and highly resilient cloud services.
• Self-monitoring and self-healing software.
As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle: initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through production deployment and live site support.
Developers in the team are expected to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
You will work with multiple partner teams and deploy across all Azure regions.
This position is for someone who is:
• Passionate about distributed systems and planetary scale services.
• Enjoys the challenge of pushing big data on near real-time latencies.
• Looks to drive innovation within a product and become an industry leader.
• Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them.
• Excels at identifying bottlenecks and engineering solutions for performance sensitive data pipelines.
• Writes well-crafted, well-tested, readable and maintainable code.
• Participates in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
• Shares knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
• 3+ years of professional experience programming in C#, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
• 3+ years of professional experience developing scalable and reliable cloud services.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science/engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Strong design, coding, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Passion for customers and focus on delivering delightful customer experiences.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to effectively collaborate across teams and ship production features in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience developing self-monitoring and self-healing software.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Valid through: 4/28/2021