As a candidate in the Windows Active Defense Data & Insights (D&I) team you will be? specifically focused on the client side components that ship as part of Windows and deliver protection value to the Windows ecosystem on a continuous basis. If you are obsessed about your customers, here is your chance to hear back directly or indirectly from hundreds of millions of them - yes, that is the scale we operate on.
If you would like to make a direct impact to the direction of your component, based on real customer data, come help us instrument our code, gather customer feedback through various channels like SIUF (System Initiated User Feedback), UIF (User Initiated Feedback), UTC (Unified Telemetry Client), join the data with the other high fidelity protection data that is coming in through our dedicated communication channel, analyze and correlate the data to measure the reliability, health, effectiveness, customer sentiments and performance of the various Windows Defender components.
The candidate will be responsible to measure, find and pinpoint issues in different components, correlate customer feedback as appropriate and drive changes back to our software and services to improve overall protection level and performance!
Currently, we are looking for a highly talented Software Engineer, who loves a fast paced, highly visible, fun work environment!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+years of software engineering experience
- Experience with SCOPE/COSMOS scripting? or other data analysis technologies
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Good communication and? cross-group collaboration skills
- Ability to work both independently and collectively in a fun team environment
- High capacity to learn and adapt to new technologies and engineering processes quickly