The Hyper-V Hypervisor team is looking for talented software engineers to develop Microsoft's versatile, performance critical, and secure virtualization platform. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who can learn quickly, have a passion for writing high quality software, and enjoy working within a dynamic team.
Join the Hyper-V Hypervisor team and become a key part of Microsoft's Mobile-First, Cloud-First strategy. Hyper-V technology enables much more than traditional virtual machines; it powers Microsoft’s containers, millions of servers in the Azure cloud, and is a core part of security enforcements in the Windows operating system across a wide ecosystem of devices. Collaborate with developers across Microsoft, hardware partners, and the open source community to deliver innovative technology in the virtualization space. Be a part of the core hypervisor development team and build features that differentiate our platform and delight our customers.
• 4+ years of development experience in C/C++
• Solid architectural skills backed up by implementation experience
• Strong coding, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to work on a large codebase and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges
• Strong understanding of systems software and low-level hardware/software interaction
• A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with hypervisors, kernel mode programming, and security are a significant plus
We ship an extremely high quality platform that delights our customers, release after release. But more importantly, we've created a collaborative culture where new ideas are embraced and encouraged. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where you can do your best work.