In the Visual Studio Team Services, we pride ourselves on building fast and scalable services that make developers productive. Team Services provides software development teams with version control, build automation, project and bug management, social coding experiences and much more. We have a user base with nearly 5M users and growing. VSTS is led by Brian Harry and is at the center of both being the cloud solution for DevOps for large enterprises. It’s also at the core of modernize engineering at Microsoft as part of 1ES. To make this possible, we’re solving high scale, high reliability challenges.
We are looking for an engineer who seeks technical challenges on a strong, collaborative team to own and build Shared Platform Services for VSTS, including identity, account, commerce, licensing, and user engagement. You will be responsible for designing and implementing REST services, C# middle-tier, SQL backend features as well as modern Web UI based on React. You will design, implement, deploy and operate Azure cloud services using containers, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, Azure Commerce, and more.
Our team moves quickly with three-week sprints where we deploy to production at the end of each sprint and smaller changes to production every day. We use VSTS to build and deploy VSTS, and all of our code is in a Git repo where the whole team works in master. We run our services with modern DevOps practices, including fast builds and fast, reliable automated tests. As you help solve interesting problems you'll also benefit from the fact that we're our own customer and dogfood what we build on a daily basis.
If you enjoy building software with a broad range of technologies and being part of a smart, agile team that’s making software development better, come join us!
We need someone who:
• Has a strong service design and architecture background
• Enjoys writing high-quality software
• Is passionate about building secure, scalable services
• Loves live site and ensuring that customers have a great experience
• Wants to coach and develop other engineers
• Desires to be challenged and grow every day
• Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 5years of working with OOP languages and patterns.
• A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering