Are you passionate about building scalable cloud services? Are you looking for the chance to use your skills to define the next generation of Information Technology? Come join the group in Microsoft Research that has been responsible for incubating and developing key technologies in scalable cloud computing, OS virtualization, and converged smartphones. Our team in Microsoft Research NExT (New Experiences and Technologies) is building OS solutions for connected devices through to high-scale services that will run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. These opportunities will provide you unparalleled opportunity to grow your skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies.
In this role, you will:
• Design and implement features in V1 projects in collaboration with teammates.
• Analyze, extend, and debug existing software systems we incorporate into our software.
• Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
• Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, and testing of the software you build.
• Do your part to improve the team by sharing your experiences and passions.
• 2-4+ years’ experience building, releasing, and maintaining production cloud services
• A bachelor’s degree (or additional 4years’ work experience) in computer science, science, or math
• Experience developing production-quality cloud-based services and APIs in C# or Java.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure platform and services.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated ability to implement features in V1 projects using modern development practices.
• Familiarity with C# language features and best practices.
• Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD) on at least 1 prior project.