Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today, with $40 billion of a $600 billion advertising market already online. Microsoft is innovating rapidly to grow its share of this market by providing the advertising industry with a world-class online advertising platform and service. The Microsoft Ads Research & Development team is one of the most strategic and growing teams at Microsoft. As the key monetization engine for Bing and other Microsoft properties, at Microsoft Ads we bring both our technical and creative side to the table.
Selection and Ranking (SnR) team in Ads platform is responsible for selecting all possible ads and run the machine learned models including DNN models to find the most relevant Ads for the user queries. This requires processing enormous amount of data in real time, within a few milliseconds. We are looking to grow our system to N times the current scale. This team provides a good opportunity to learn advertising business. If you like to work in a fast paced and highly innovative environment, SnR platform team is the right place for you. Come join us if you feel passionate about building massively distributed, highly scalable, always available, and performance intensive system.
We are looking for a top-notch Software Engineer II to help advance the state of the art of Ads serving platform. The engineer will design, implement, and deliver one or more important services and components. This is your opportunity to work on one of the most highly distributed computing systems anywhere on the planet. This is your opportunity to work on critical low-level, high-visibility platform on which many trillions ad impressions a year are delivered.
This is a fun and fast paced environment and a terrific opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft. We have very tough competition and there are a lot of challenges for us to tackle.
Candidates are expected to have following qualifications:
• Love to design and write great code
• With great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Fluent in one of the major programming languages: C, C++, C#, or Java
• Significant experiences in one of the following areas: online advertising systems, information retrieval systems, web search systems, big data systems, large scale internet applications, operating system kernels, distributed systems
• Minimum 3-year software development experiences.
• Bachelordegree in computer science or a related field is required. Master or Ph.D. is preferred