You are able to break down complex problems and you design elegant, easy-to-maintain solutions that are resilient and robust. You are comfortable working in an existing codebase and have the judgment to make necessary changes to existing code while managing risk. You also have the ability to gather requirements from business managers, gain insight into business processes, and communicate ideas clearly to team members in order to support multi-person projects.
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications. Products may include user interfaces, integrations with third party web services and new or existing databases.
- Develop functional prototypes and beta web applications quickly to support market trials.
- Support existing web applications including troubleshooting, bug fixing, required upgrades and modifications to existing functionality.
- Work with business partners to define/clarify project requirements and acceptance criteria, define success metrics for features to be delivered
- Experience developing business applications using SQL Server or other RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of current best practices of web application development using HTML 5 and CSS.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices such as SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Development experience under an agile development methodology and process
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building and consuming microservices such as Rest or GraphQL
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience using tools Jira, Visual Studio, Git, VS Code, VSTS
- Strong collaboration skills and a desire to help and learn from other developers
- Ability to grasp complex business logic and project requirements
- Azure Platform (Provisioning, monitoring performance, Application Insights, etc)
- Development experience of mobile-first user interfaces