As an engineer at Khan Academy, you'll help learners build mastery regardless of where they are, and regardless of whether they are accessing Khan on the browser, on Android, or on iOS. You'll create new, impactful ways for teachers and students to use online learning in the classroom. You'll work on the content creation and translation tools that we rely on to expand our library of world-class educational content and bring it to an international audience. You'll help build cutting-edge infrastructure to enable students of all backgrounds to succeed on high-stakes assessments like the SAT and LSAT. Ultimately, you'll be part of helping millions of learners around the world unlock their full potential.
What you'll do:
- Take on world-changing challenges guided by our Engineering Principles – some of which have never been solved before.
- Model problems, then design, write, test and release code to solve them!
- Collaborate with your peers via code reviews to level up yourself and others, to improve your ability to provide effective feedback, and to achieve higher quality code.
- Ship products with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts and product managers.
- Contribute to open source! We ❤️ open source, and we give back to the community whenever we can.
- Develop accessible web products that are joyful for users of all ability types.
- Work on code that is used by millions of monthly active learners from all over the 🌍.
You can read about our latest work on our Engineering Blog. A few highlights:
- 2+ years of Professional Full time experience building and maintaining complex software on a cross-functional team. You'll join us in writing clean, maintainable software that solves hard problems. You'll write testable, quality code. You'll push the team and the mission forward with your contributions.
- Strong communication, thoughtfulness, and desire to give and receive regular feedback
- Empathy for learners around the world. You love learning and are excited about helping others learn to love learning. You're motivated to learn new things and share what you learn with the world.
- Excitement about helping Khan Academy bring a free, world-class education to the world.
You don't need:
- We don't require experience in any particular technology. Our commitment to on-boarding and mentorship means you won't be left in the dark as you learn new technologies.