Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
With nearly $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global™ is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry and adjacencies. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries around the world, serving more than 26,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global’s solutions automate and integrate critical workflow processes from pre-sale targeted advertising and marketing campaigns through to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair & maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence. Visit cdkglobal.com.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
Want to change how consumers shop for and buy cars? CDK Global Inc. is transforming the car retail industry to make the car-buying experience better for consumers as well as efficient for the car dealers. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and experienced engineer to help us realize the overall vision for our solutions at CDK. This job requires strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and spoken), compulsive respect for deadlines, creative imagination, serious technical chops and an ability to roll with and contribute to a disciplined-but-entrepreneurial work environment.
Your key responsibilities:
- Fully grasp the needs, be it complex or otherwise, and Drive design/implementation collaborating closely with appropriate Software Development Leadership, Architect(s)/Senior Engineers, Product, UX, and Business.
- Balance the need for rapid change, with rigor around systems and architectural concerns.
- Implement practices that support rapid development without compromising the quality.
- Ensure delivery of the requirements on time and with quality (functionality, architecture, design, implementation, et al).
- Build and maintain robust solutions and services, measuring, monitoring and ensuring security, availability, latency, performance and overall system health.
- Drive sustainable incident response, disaster recovery, and blameless postmortems.
- Rapidly debug/resolve problems, optimize processes and automate routine tasks.
- Perform hands on analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, CI/CD and peer review, earnestly / respectfully coaching junior engineers in the team.
- Embrace a culture of technical excellence, continuous learning, continuous improvement, collaboration, and innovation.
Who you are:
- Someone who is passionate about designing, implementing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Someone who methodically solves problems with a sense of ownership and drive.
- Someone who has the technical expertise and hands-on skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as and when needed.
- Someone who has the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper-growth work environment.
- Someone who has the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer-oriented environment.
- Someone who has the ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Someone who has the ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing / evangelizing them.
Your Tech skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with at least 5 years of programming experience, or a Master’s degree and at least 2 years of programming experience; OR in lieu of bachelor’s degree, at least 7 years of direct programming experience.
- Experience with designing micro-services based cloud solutions which are scalable, resilient and fault tolerant.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Java API frameworks like Springboot/Spring
- Experience with relational DBs (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Exposure to NoSQL (DynamoDB) & In-memory DBs (Redis, etc)
- Experience in server-side development in Node especially ExpressJS
- Proficient with PHP
- Knowledge of how good Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment pipeline should be built and maintained
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services like Lambdas, Dynamo DB, CloudFormation, CloudWatch (for monitoring) and overall acquaintance with AWS console
- Knowledge of serverless programming (Lambdas)
- Knowledge of event driven architectures like SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Knowledge of application monitoring & troubleshooting tools for cloud infrastructure (like AppD, Splunk, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of React UI framework. Preferably having worked with Context API and Redux both.
- Knowledge of integration testing framework like Cucumber using Spock/Groovy/Junit
- Experience with infrastructure automation like Terraform/CloudFormation
- Should have basic understanding of containerization preferably Docker
- Should have basic understanding of how DNS (CloudFront), Load Balancers, API Gateways, Container orchestration works.