The Software Engineer II designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE inContact software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE inContact technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE inContact products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes.
The Software Engineer II also may mentor junior staff members.
As a Software Engineer II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Mentors interns and new hires
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2-5 years experience in software development
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio) or other similar open source software stack
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience with call centers
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment.