With general guidance of a senior staff member, develop software for medium to large-sized projects by studying information needs; conferring with clients; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures. Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 3+ years in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience developing J2EE application including J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning.
- Advanced Java programming and Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Full lifecycle experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- 1+ years of MVC framework experience; STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF.
- 1+ years of PL/SQL experience.
- Experience working with Oracle databases.
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
- Intermediate/advanced understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Maven, Ant, or other build tools.
- Experience with CVS or other source code control system.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.
- Design, develop, and implement business applications.
- Performs routine programming assignments that do not require skilled background experience but do require knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Works according to clear-cut specifications that occasionally change as directed by customer.
- Maintains and modifies routine programs. Makes approved changes by amending program flow charts, developing detailed processing logic, and coding changes. Tests and documents modifications and writes operator instructions. May write routine new programs using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships in the immediate programming area, e.g., whether a contemplated change in one part of a simple program would cause unwanted results in a related part; confers with user representatives to gain an understanding of the situation sufficient to formulate the needed change; and implements the change upon approval of the supervisor or higher-level staff.
- Understand and apply standard web practices to aid utilization of new technologies, engage in appropriate project management, and system development methodologies.
- Demonstrate analytical ad problem solving skills as well as strong leadership and project management skills.
- Work with the customer, developer teams, and production support to troubleshoot an issue or bug.