Participates in the design, development and implementation of software systems across multiple robotic equipment platforms. Assists in analysis of project tasks, definition of design specifications, development of standard routines and utility programs, resolution of hardware/software compatibility and interface problems and analysis of the system’s architecture. Has basic knowledge of object-oriented programming, new/advanced programming languages and integrated automation systems.
The position is responsible for the following:
● Develops software operating and control systems for complex robotic equipment
● Develops software interfaces to support IOT/Smart Factory requirements
● Develops Smartphone-like Apps based on ITW EAE’s patented Open Apps platform for equipment
● Helps prepare software requirements specifications.
● Assists in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
● Assists with new product design specifications.
● Develops standard routines and utility programs.
● B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field, 2-4 years of related experience.
● Experience with ‘C++’ and C#
● Experience with software projects using structured design techniques.
● Experience working as a member of a software project team.
● Good verbal and written communications skills.
● WPF and Visual Studio, source control and/or installation package experience a plus
Physical requirements and working conditions:
This position requires 90% sitting, 5% standing and 5% walking and occasionally lifting to 24 pounds.