A Software Engineer II works as part of a team and is responsible for design, development, and testing aspects of software development. Work generally consists of enhancements to products and features with moderate complexity as well as their maintenance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a member of a team using .NET, Java, and/or SQL
- Work with team members in analyzing and designing solutions to problems as well as implementing, testing, and monitoring those solutions.
- Continuous learning of both tried and true as well as new techniques and technologies applicable to software development is expected.
- An understanding of the application lifecycle, databases, and application components is expected.
- Accountability for the success of the value being delivered through continuous improvement is expected.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math is highly preferred
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills
- Able to work effectively both independently as well as with a team
- .NET Framework experience is a plus (only for back office development)
- Java experience is a plus (only for mobile development)
- SQL experience is a plus
- SSRS or equivalent experience is a plus (only for reports development)
- 0 to 3 years’ experience
- Citizenship: HCHB requires all applicants to be US Citizens o rhave a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.
On-Going Training Courses Required to be in the Role
- Agile process training
- Technical training available through online resources and / or books
- Attend at least 3 technical lunch & learns or equivalent sessions
- Attend at least 2 general professional development courses from the HCHB Course Catalog or equivalent
- Attend a data center tour
- Take Breakaway courses relevant to the team