Development and Design
- · Design, develop/build and test applications, integrations, scripts, automations and other software solutions that meet business objects and requirements, while adhering to the SDLC, security standards, development guidelines and best practices. Define system performance standards and KPI’s.
- · Properly and accurately estimate, track and document all development efforts to all departmental and team standards and specification requirements. This might include, but is not limited to, detailed LOE estimates, technical specifications, flowcharts, architectural diagrams, administration instructions and end-user manuals,
- · Collaborate, as needed, with project managers, business analysts and other developers as well as other project resources during the scoping, requirements gathering and design phases of projects. Comply with all project plans throughout development process.
- • Provide exceptional customer, end-user and stakeholder support at all times.
- • Troubleshoot and debug solutions to resolve incidents and ongoing problems.
- • Monitor systems performance and identify areas of improvement.
- • Upgrade, reconfigure and improve solutions, as needed, to achieve high usability, reliability, availability, accuracy and performance and either reduce or eliminate technical debt.
Job Qualifications at All Levels in the Position:
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Demonstrated ability to:
- • Apply Engineering principles and techniques of Computer Science, Engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- • Ability to work with other developers and inter-disciplinary teams collaboratively and professionally.
- • Follow and enforce established procedures.
- • Research new configuration tools and methodologies.
- • Research new software development tools and methodologies, evaluating opportunities for efficiency or quality gains.
Knowledge of and experience in:
- • Software languages and platforms particularly needed for troubleshooting modern development platforms and frameworks.
- • Enterprise level integration technologies, tools, and patterns including but not limited to: J2EE application servers, Webservers, RESTful web services, ActiveMQ, Camel, etc.
- • Applications and Service Monitoring and Telemetry such as Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana), Prometheus, Grafana, Monit, etc.
- • Database solutions such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- • Operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.
- • Configuration management, Agile processes, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and build procedures, including source control and build tools such as SVN, Artifactory, GIT, Bamboo, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- • TCP/IP and higher level networking protocols such as HTTP, FTP.
- • Telecom and OSS concepts including order management, provisioning, service assurance, trouble management, billing and invoicing.
- • Database concepts.
- • Enterprise software concepts such as transactional processing, clustering, high availability and redundancy.
- • Software functionality and performance testing.