Software Engineer II ( Front End Developer )
Broadbean is the world's largest distributor of job adverts. We post almost 3 million jobs each month, to 7,000 job board feeds in over 180 countries for 4,000 clients and their 50,000 users. As well as having a stand-alone version, our software is fully integrated into all major Applicant Tracking and CRM systems.
We're looking for an experienced front-end developer to design, fix, enhance and support application functionality and user interface for our core job distribution products, and who will be an important member of our development team working with the latest front-end frameworks and backend cloud infrastructure to build highly scalable applications.
A Day in the Life…
Help us build the future of automated job distribution tools by creating world class, easy to use applications and user interfaces. Collaborate and share ideas with teams in our Newport Beach office, and around the world with our UK and Australian tech teams. Spread your knowledge and insights through daily team scrum meetings, weekly tech meetings and by actively participating in code reviews.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the direction of the solution scope and individual project iterations that result in early feedback and the release of value-added functionality.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensures successful on-time completion.
- Proactively communicates the overall iteration/project status to team and product owners.
- Effectively communicates with other development teams.
- Spreads our best practices to other developers with less experience.
- Scopes and plans project iterations with leaders and project teammates.
- Identifies technical areas for continuous improvement.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of work experience as front end or full stack developer
- Fluent in Angular 2+
- Experience with Node.js, preferably with Typescript experience
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with MVC Framework and REST Services
- Experience with source code control systems (GIT)
- Experience web scriptinglanguages an advantage (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby etc)
- A proven track record in Front End Development and building web applications.
- Solid knowledge of web performance best practices and scalability
- Excellent communication, brainstorming and teamwork skills
- Experience working in Agile environment (Scrum) is a plus