Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: • FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) • Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014) • FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013) • Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013) • Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under limited supervision, code and unit test changes to complex computer programs from program specifications. Support test execution for additional levels of testing including system level and integration tests. Documents and maintains those programs.
Job Specific Information
The Enterprise Foundational Services team is responsible for architecting and building the core capabilities including the development of shipment related software that supports the service oriented architecture. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to develop SOA Web Services using Cloud Native Principals at an enterprise scale.
This position can be domiciled in Collierville, TN or Dallas, TX.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
- Design, develop and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals.
- Communicate with business analysts to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with development and testing of Web applications using Java, J2EE technologies including:
- Weblogic application server.
- Relational Databases like Oracle.
- Web Services technology.
- Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Java Frameworks: Spring, Spring Cloud
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Support test execution including system level, integration and performance tests
- Knowledge of Cloud-Native Application Architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Positive Attitude
- Able to work as a team and individually
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years work experience in information technology or engineering environment.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
Requisition ID: 26087-263637