Reporting to the Director of Data Integration and Services, ERT is looking for a full stack developer to work with key stakeholders for applying technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Gathering, Application Architecture and Design. This individual is expected to be a key contributor from ideation to implementation of new innovations surrounding ERT’s proprietary data integration framework, built on a modern AWS cloud-native architecture. This position will play an important role in producing design artifacts, delivering high quality code across the stack, testing code, providing guidance to test teams and demonstrating code ownership related to DevOps and Monitoring. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative engineering team with a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors programs deployed on the AWS stack. Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology. Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of the software design and to allow for both functional and non-functional requirements. Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs. Recommends designs which consider the target environment including cost, performance and security. Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs. Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed software to enable approval by stakeholders, and effective construction of the software. Verifies software design by constructing and applying appropriate methods.
- Conducts formal reviews of activities, processes, products or services. Collects, collates and examines records as part of specified testing strategies for evidence of compliance with management directives, or the identification of abnormal occurrences.
- Applies data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software. Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria. Develop required CI/CD for software build and deployment to AWS. Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Determines problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Uses appropriate methods and a systematic approach in the development, maintenance, control and distribution of quality and environmental standards. Makes technical changes to and controls the updates and distribution of quality standards. Distributes new and revised standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeps current with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and associative training.
- Basic knowledge of consultative/customer focus
- Basic knowledge of Thinking Skills
- Basic knowledge of Organizational Awareness
- Basic knowledge of Leadership
- Basic knowledge of Interpersonal Relations
- Basic knowledge of Communication
- Basic knowledge of Project Management
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or related field.
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Boston, MAor be willing to relocate to the area.
- At least 4 years of overall experience in AWS implementation for all core AWS Services including CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, IAM, API Gateway, ECS, RDS
- At least 4 years of experience developing RESTful APIs leveraging API Gateway, Cognito
- At least 3 years of experience developing Single Page Applications leveraging Angular, CloudFront, Route 53
- At least 2 years of data ingestion and data cataloguing experience in AWS Kinesis (or Kafka), Glue, Athena.
- At least 2 years of experience in AWS databases including Aurora, Dynamo DB and/or RDS Oracle.
- Strong hands on experience in SQL.
- Experience in processing large volume of data sets.
- Experience in working with different data formats - json, XML, parquet
- Knowledge of Python, Go, Java and .NET and is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development life cycle.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- At least 3 years of experience in Design and architecture review.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience and desire to work in a Global environment