BigCommerce, a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, is looking for a full-time Software Engineer II in our downtown San Francisco office.
The product catalog is the backbone of any e-commerce store. This is the main touch-point for our merchants to create and manage the listings of their products for sale online. BigCommerce's catalog management tools and APIs are used by tens of thousands of businesses from small startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to create branded storefront experiences and manage day-to-day operations.
What you’ll do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products in Scala, PHP, and Angular.
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in Scala and/or PHP
- Experience with Angular
- You enjoy collaborating with members of your team and other teams within the company
- When there is a problem, you’re the first to offer a hand to resolve