$100K — $150K *
Software Engineer II with Sage/DRB Systems
Sage/DRB Systems is a growing and vibrant software company in need of a Software Engineer II.DRB Systems (“DRB”) is the leading provider of technology-enabled devices and software solutions to the North American car wash industry The Software Engineer II writes, modifies and debugs software for all point of sale (POS) applications. Participates in the design and specification of new products. The position tests and documents software for server and client applications. Provides client support for DRB Systems’ products.
What will our Software Engineer II do?
• Participates in setting technical direction on solutions with lasting business impact
• Develops, communicates, and delivers comprehensive solutions according to specified requirements
• Designs, develops and implements new product features and components
• Develops concise specifications for features or new products.
• Actively contributes to the most challenging aspects of software engineering
• May lead and design "proofs of concept" to validate solutions and options of new product features, products, or components
• Participates, or may lead in creating work estimates, project schedules, and assessing project risks
• Analyzes opportunities to improve solutions and may oversee their implementation
• Participates in architectural decision making and may lead architectural decision making on solution components and feature requests
• May lead the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, tools and frameworks
• Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
• Participates in patent filing under the direction of legal counsel
• Implements quality code according to our approved development methods
• Submits code for and participates in regular reviews focusing on architecture, styles and standards, and functionality
• Meets stated milestone dates and deadlines.
• Reviews product documentation, test plans, etc. for technical accuracy
• Works with other departments such as QA and customer support on escalated technical issues
• Interfaces with various types of hardware and third-party software programs
• Troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
• Performs unit-level-test code for quality and functionality
• Review and approve QA test plans
• Evaluates development processes for improvements
• Performs other duties as assigned
The right candidate will have:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in complex systems and engineering environments.
• Experience in Windows OS/Server, version control software (knowledge of Azure DevOps & Git preferred), change control software, Microsoft Office.
• Working knowledge of sockets, serial communications, multi-tasking, and general networking. Familiar with interfacing to routers, printers, scanners, wireless handheld devices.
• Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems and Devices, EMV and credit card payment processing.
• Specific experience in design, architecture, security and cryptography.
• Excellent knowledge of software architecture including experience with data modeling, database design, performance profiling, and unit testing.
• Certifications (MCPD, MCSD, MCSE, MCDBA) preferred.
Valid through: 12/10/2020