Beckman Coulter's Particle Counting and Characterization business is growing and needs intelligent, hardworking skilled software engineers to work as part of our team to develop and deliver new products. You will apply modern development methodologies and new software technologies to create world class products. Work with cross-functional project teams to develop new products and sustain existing product lines.
- Perform Software development work in a collaborative team environment to deliver products that change the world.
- Use user-centered design to deliver products that delight our customers.
- Work closely with more experienced software staff to design new software components.
- Cultivate innovation.
- Challenge status quo whilst supporting a world class product development life cycle.
- Mentor and be mentored by your team members in development techniques and technologies.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software. Understand and apply automated test strategies to the entire development life cycle.
- Gain experience with a broad range of software technologies and the ability to make technical choices objectively.
- Participate in global development efforts.
- Build relationships with peers across the business and uses these relationships to drive innovation.
- Actively track developments in the software community and incorporate them where appropriate.
- Provide input to the organization for strategic planning and technology.
- Become savvy in new technologies by taking courses, learning from peers, or self-driven education
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Familiarity with developing production software for desktop computing or embedded devices
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Relentless focus on optimizing time to market while increasing quality
- Ability to find and share tools that optimize your work
- We are agile, we inspire and embrace change, we expect that from you too
Your experience includes a good set of these crucial skills
- Ability to communicate software and system design
- Automated testing
- Automated software delivery pipelines
- Continuous Integration
- Ability to work with customers to understand their needs and translate them into successful solutions
- User Experience (UX) / User Interface design and implementation
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Modern software development methodologies including Agile and Scrum
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of: C++, C#, or Typescript
- Experience with the following is a plus: Ruby, Python, MVVM, WPF, MVC
- Experience with technologies used on: Linux OS, Windows IoT and Desktop OS
- Understanding of Localization and Internationalization
Tools we use
- Container services (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Maven, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Confluence
- C#, C++, Typescript, Ruby, Python, CSS, HTML5
- Windows, Linux, AWS, .Net, Mono, QT
- Frameworks such as Angular, React, NodeJS or GraphQL
- Relational DB - MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Machine learning
- Numerical analysis
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.