At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Team Nextiva builds the next generation of business communication technology and works directly on a product that positively impacts millions of lives. We are creating a new category of technology, extending from our large installed base in core communications technology into advanced customer management capabilities. The goal of the DevReal team is to position Nextiva as an industry influencer.
About the Role
As a Developer Relations Engineer you will develop sample applications and integrations to make Nextiva’s APIs more accessible for our customers and partners.
You will be afforded the opportunity to learn new technologies quickly and to share your knowledge with your peers.
This position reports to the Director of Global Technology Experience. As part of the EX team you will collaborate cross-functionally and contribute to the continuous development of an amazing experience for technologists everywhere.
Developer Relations Engineers should have significant (1-2 yrs) experience in two or more of the areas below:
- API implementation (REST / JSON, messaging)
- Documentation and maintainability of API integrations and sample applications
- Contemporary team development (CI/CD pipelines, git, Jira, etc)
- Creating and maintaining technical content for an external audience
- Community manager for technical forums
As a Developer Relations Engineer you should:
- Have a proven track record of working with external developers or vendors
- Have experience in the implementation of APIs and sample applications
- Have passion for learning, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Be self-directed and able to quickly and efficiently switch focus among multiple tasks
- Be strategic thinker with the experience balancing and prioritize short-term solutions while keeping the long-term vision in mind
As a Developer Relations Engineer you will:
- Own the productization of Nextiva’s API, and developer API webportal
- Create,maintain and support sample applications and documentation
- Communicate with our technical users, receive their feedback and help us identify requirements for the new features and help shape the API roadmap
- Help in negotiating and providing technical feedback to third integration parties
- Evangelize the Nextiva APIs with developers to ensure they are able to take full advantage of ongoing enhancements and improvements
- Assist nextiva technologists in preparing and participating in external events (testing and creation of sample code, development of presentation materials)
- Deliver interactive workshops and community sessions
- Deliver streaming and rich-media experiences and Interact regularly with developers via online forums, open source communities and social media
- Participate in external technical forums representing Nextiva and helping us identify talent; serve as technical community manager for Nextiva-sponsored OSS projects
- Recruit and mentor Student / Junior Developers and mentor them. Help us build communities that are inclusive and vibrant.
- Champion open source and product advocacy for Nextiva products
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of relevant industry trends, our competition, and the role open source plays in the developer ecosystem. Be known as an expert across a range of technologies.
- Contribute to Nextiva’s Technical Onboarding Program and Technology Blog
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ yrs of relevant experience in software development, cloud computing, IT, technology
- API engineering experience
- Strong public speaking skills, comfortable representing the Nextiva brand internally and external
- Proven experience creating and presenting technical content to a technical audience
- Experience building strong partnerships external developers
- Video portfolio is a plus
MORE ABOUT NEXTIVA TECHNOLOGY
- We invest in our people. We provide time (10% self-directed), funding (training grants) and in-house training to support professional development of our people. We will expect you to learn a lot very quickly; but we will provide you with the means to do that.
- We have a great culture and are acknowledged to be a great place to work
- We are remote-friendly and location-flexible
- We regularly sponsor conferences and meetups and provide opportunities for our engineers to share their knowledge and experience with their peers in the industry