The Power BI group is building micro-services infrastructure to service millions of users in massive data workloads and super-efficient processing time. Our code is in the bleeding edge of cloud technology, leveraging Azure capabilities like no other place. Rapid improvement in an agile environment is in the heart of our culture, and it gets faster and better every day.
Our challenges are around big data scale, real time and mission critical data. We are looking for brilliant engineers, to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
- Be a great process engineer. You will be accountable to the design, implementation, schedule, delivery, of the team’s services. Doing this in an efficient way is a must.
- Earn the technical respect of the people on the team. This is a technical position and the ideal candidate should be capable of working in the code, supporting the service, and understanding at a detailed level how the entire stack works.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties (on an as needed basis).
- 3+ years’ experience writing product code in a major cloud service (C++, C# or Node.JS) including experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design
- 3+ years systems engineering experience with large-scale, distributed infrastructures
- 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting, investigating, and fixing production issues in large scale cloud and/or hosted environments
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Security Screening
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
- Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodations.
- Skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking
- Solid foundation in both software and systems engineering
- Experience with building infrastructure using Microsoft Azure technology
- Sense of ownership and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience writing code to automate day-to-day tasks
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Love for the Service Lifestyle