Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Software Engineer II to join our Clutch team located in Buckhead, Georgia. As a Software Engineer II, you will be a pivotal member of a brand new team. In this role you will be responsible for developing critical applications utilizing primarily Python and AWS.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Aid in design and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Gather and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
- Understand and enforce appropriate data master management techniques.
- Ensure data quality and implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Professional experience with Python, AWS (assortment of tools) and Jenkins technologies
- Git or general version control experience
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
What We Look For (preferred):
- Big-data implementation experience using Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, ElasticSearch, NoSQL or related tools/technologies
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience with information retrieval systems, hard state-space optimization solutions Automotive industry experience
- Strong system administration skills
- Public speaking skills
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.