At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
As a Software Engineer II you will be a member of a scrum team that writes and maintains code for our registration applications and services. This includes code to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps.
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Actively participate in agile planning and provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contribute to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Build software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Learn our technical architecture and write software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Technologies we use:
- Devops Tools: Dynatrace, NewRelic, Jenkins, Docker, Gradle, Apache, Wildfly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2+ years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
What We Look For:
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with agile methodologies like Scrum and/or SAFE
- Working experience with Oracle and Mongo databases.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies a plus