As a part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealer.com helps automotive dealers thrive in today's digital retailing environment. Our professionals - technologists, digital strategists, creative designers, customer support experts, and everything in between - deliver a comprehensive suite of digital marketing and operational technology and services to the majority of dealers in the US. We help dealerships optimize their business, and help shoppers to shop and buy the way they prefer, through our Dealertrack and Dealer.com-branded products.
The Partner Solutions team within Dealer.com Engineering is responsible for managing and executing the strategic priorities for Dealer.com’s partners, and delivering premium-quality solutions against aggressive timelines. The team routinely needs to balance customization against feature enhancement and core product, and often contributes enhancements to the core feature set.
Our Software Engineers:
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. We're looking for thinkers at every stage in their career with intensity and creativity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry.
Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathon groups to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a collaborative Agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems.
You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability.
Partner Solutions teams take pride in their Agile approach of delivering the highest value work to clients.The nature of that work and the technologies used to deliver the value can vary.We are looking for Software Engineers who want to use multiple technologies across our tech stack to help solve the most challenging client requests.Delivering the client value is the focus.
Examples of Technologies We Use:
- ?Write testable, readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- ?Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability of our current applications
- ?Development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
- ?Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third party components
- ?Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- ?Possesses proficient platform based knowledge in domain and systems thinking
- ?Provides guidance and mentorship for new team members and share new technical insight to the greater team
What We Look For:
?Position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering (any) or related field
?2 years of experience in multi-threaded server-side web application development, implementing web applications & Object-oriented design
?Ability to develop and deploy solutions, and to deliver projects in a collaborative environment
?Object-oriented design experience, with a preference for the Java web technology platform
?An understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
?Willingness to adapt to Agile development methodologies
?Willingness to work with the technologies we use (examples identified above)