The Software Engineer II will be responsible for developing customer software solutions based on NextGear Capital’s business initiatives. As a software engineer, you will be working in our agile software development environment as a part of a scrum team dedicated to creating user friendly and highly functional web based applications.
- Develop custom software applications to support NextGear’s business initiatives by collaborating with your agile team to develop software and being empowered to make changes that help the organization perform more efficiently and profitably.
- Participate in cross-team Communities of Practice (CoP’s) to leverage shared knowledge and interest across product teams.
- Work closely with Product, User Experience (UX), and design teams, as well as other software engineers.
- Participate in pair programming with other engineers, sharing technical and business domain knowledge.
- Contribute back to the open source community where appropriate, and assist with maintaining NextGear’s contributions to Open Source, and to the Indianapolis developer community.
Technology We Use:
- Java and Spring Framework or a similar modern development language and framework
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
- 3+ years web development experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently.
What We Look For:
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization