As a Software Engineer you will develop cutting-edge web applications for desktop and mobile devices enabling access to AutoTrader.com products and services.In this exciting position, you will work hands-on with Java 8, JBoss 8, Restful Web Services, Solr Search Engine, and TestNG unit testing in an Agile development environment. Also, you will work with a collaborative software development team in a fast-paced setting that is currently transitioning to a more devops culture with highly automated deployment pipelines.In addition to interaction with other development team members, the SE will work with business contacts and work on multiple concurrent development initiatives with minimal supervision.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- ·Create, develop, and maintain code base for multiple applications, complete with unit testing
- ·Participate in problem-solving, requirements gathering, definition, and design of new or changing applications
- ·Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple assigned applications, functional areas, technical skills and programming languages
- ·Collaborate with peers to understand business objectives, provide assessments, and make engineering recommendations
- ·Demonstrate a high degree of technical skill by engineering code for high-volume, multi-tier, architecture-based applications
- ·Perform peer code reviews and author technical specifications
- ·Must have 4+ years’ experience doing hands-on development using the following technologies:
- oJava, J2EE
- oWeb frameworks (JSF, Struts, or similar frameworks)
- oWeb Services
- ·Experience using automated unit testing technologies (JUNIT, TestNG, EasyMock, Mockito).
- ·Experience using version control and defect tracking tools (CVS, Subversion, Git, Test Director)
- ·Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills.
- ·Good knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
- ·Exceptional customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- ·Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- ·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- ·Experience writing/testing performant-based code using best practices
- ·Experience with secure coding best practices