As a Software Engineer you will develop cutting-edge web applications for desktop and mobile devices enabling access to AutoTrader.com products and services. In this exciting position, you will work hands-on with Java 7, JBoss 8, Restful Webservices, Solr Search Engine, and TestNG unit testing in an Agile development environment. You will work on a collaborative software development team in a fluid, fast-paced environment. The Software Engineer will interact with development team members and business contacts and work on multiple concurrent development projects with minimal supervision. This position will play a key role in developing the next generation of AutoTrader.com functionality and capability.
- Develop, implement and maintain new and/or existing functionality and unit tests for web-based applications
- Participate in the design of new or changing web-based applications and producing requisite specifications
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers
- Must have 4+ years’ experience doing hands-on development using the following technologies: Java, J2EE, Web frameworks (JSF, Struts, or similar frameworks)
- Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills.
- Good knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
- Experience using automated unit testing technologies (JUNIT, TestNG, EasyMock, Mockito).
- Experience using version control and defect tracking tools (CVS, Subversion, Git, Test Director, etc).
- Possess basic project management skills to track all project work.
- Overall use of best practice tools, build tools and scripting.
What We Look For:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the following technologies:
- Experience with writing secure code and security scanning tools use for remediation (HP Fortify on Demand, Sonar security rules, etc.)
- Experience writing high-performing code and tools to analyze performance (DynaTrace, XRebel, etc.)