The Role As a Software Engineer II on the Carbonite Recover team, you will be part of the agile team responsible for designing, development, and maintenance Carbonite’s new Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering. In this role, you will be actively involved in requirements gathering, designing, developing, and testing new and existing features within the Carbonite Recover product. Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Six Months:
- Learn about Carbonites culture and values
- Learn about the Carbonite Recover product, source code, as well as various APIs that the product uses
- Fix product defects and assist existing team members with developing small features
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Design and develop new product features that will help us drive revenue from our DRaaS solution.
- Develop features and contribute to developing a framework for future products to be built upon.
- Work with QA to develop automation tests to help drive continuous delivery and continuous integration
Key Challenges to Overcome
- Work effectively with Engineering, User Experience, Product Management, and Support teams in multiple time zones and geographies.
- Manage the balance between developing new features for the next release and fixing bugs in the current one. Simultaneously, you will also develop fixes (patches) for critical issues in the current release.
- As Carbonite’s product suite continues to grow, you’ll need to become familiar with various applications and the software tools and philosophies that created them.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience architecting and developing multi-threaded distributed applications in C#
- Experience developing SaaS and multi-tenant applications.
- Experience using asynchronous message based communication
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform API's.