The successful candidate will be integrated into a small to medium sized software team performing software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, debugging, and resolving problems with real-time software applications, as well as supporting software verification efforts. Our software applications are developed using C++, Java, and Ada programming languages executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux/Unix operation systems.
Our software is developed and delivered incrementally using traditional, as well as Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing, and continuous integration.
This position requires a Secret clearance. This position can be a salary grade G07 or G08 based on the candidates qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast paced environment.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principals, theories, concepts and techniques of Software Engineering.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works independently under limited supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with other team members to achieve program success.
- Experience in all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration.
- Established verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software system documentation.
- 2+ years object-oriented software development experience using C++, and Linux/Unix
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 2+ years experience working with Linux / RedHat OS
- 2+ years experience with real-time OS, preferable WindRiver Linux or LynxOS,
- 2+ years experience with real-time embedded software development
- 2+ years experience using modern software design methodologies
- 2+ years experience with middleware prefer RTI Data Distribution (DDS)
- 2+ years experience with UML and preferably Model Driven Development using Rhapsody
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development including automated testing methodologies
- 2+ years experience using Configuration Management software tools, preferably ClearCase
- Knowledge or experience in communications methods and protocols, and system security-hardening
- Experience with software development tools; code editors, debuggers, code generation, and test -prefer Eclipse, WindRiver, Jenkins, Google Test, WireShark, Visual Studio, GCC, DOORS
- Experience with standard MS-Office tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of SEI CMMI model
- Experience with the Ada programming language
Required Education (including Major):
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline.
Key Words: object oriented software development, C++, Linux, Unix, RedHat OS, Agile software development, Configuration Management,
Requisition ID 115184BR