About the Role
- Protect all Uber customers across all product lines (Rides, Eats, Freight, Uber for Business, Uber Everything) globally from fraudsters
- Drive down global payment fraud
- Build rich user experiences that not only block bad users but also make the in-app experience fluid and rich for our good users.
What you will do:
- Detect fraudulent behavior through Machine Learning by leveraging account, location and device signals
- Designing and developing backend systems infrastructure leveraging Cassandra, Hadoop/Hive, Flink and other Uber internal infrastructure platforms.
- Work closely with a fun and highly collaborative cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Risk Analysts
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- Experience in systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java or Golang or other equivalent
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Understanding of distributed system and architecture