American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a passionate and analytical individual looking to contribute his/her skills and leadership to the Software Engineering Team. The Software Engineer II will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and maintaining software applications using the latest Microsoft technologies with minimal supervision.
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager's supervision
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials
- Unit testing as applicable
- Providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy
- Recommends possible improvements in applications
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior programmers
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users
- Bachelor's degree in an IT, computer, or technical related field or equivalent experience. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Exceeds expectations of a programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications required.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred
- Experience with XSLT, XML required
- HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience