At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.Job Summary:As a Software Engineer II you will write and maintain code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.Your Role:
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
Technologies we use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- Devops Tools: NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2+ years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
What We Look For:
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with application life cycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- ScrumDeveloper Certification or equivalent is a plus